After the stock's huge run-up last fall, the duo decided to reduce their position and book some gains. After taking some profits, Link and Cramer decided last week that it was time to buy shares of Facebook again.
The company's decision to purchase rapidly growing WhatsApp for $19 billion shows that Facebook is willing to pay up for "increas[ing] its international presence and solidifies its efforts in instant messaging," they said.
They also like the company's strong growth -- in the most recent quarter, revenue rose 63%, with mobile advertising revenue topping $1 billion, a four-fold increase year-over-year.
Get more of Cramer and Link's top picks in real-time. Click here to begin your free trial today!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV