NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, was all about Zulily (ZU), which posted big beats on the top and bottom lines when it reported earnings Monday after the close.
Cramer said the company launches about 4,500 new products every morning, and is one of the few companies that can stack up against Amazon (AMZN). The company deserves to be trading at a higher value, he added, and the shares back him up: they are up nearly 44% Tuesday.
He added that Zulily understands women's apparel better than any other company, and also operates extremely well in mobile e-commerce. This is important because mall-based retail is in a secular decline. "I urge everyone to take a look at ZU," Cramer concluded.
Turning to shares of EOG Resources (EOG), he said the independent oil and gas company is doing extremely well and has excellent growth opportunities.Cramer said the U.S. will eventually be energy-independent, which will benefit EOG Resources as well as other energy stocks he likes including Noble Energy (NBL) (an AAP holding), Continental Resources (CLR), and Cimarex Energy (XEC). "This stock is not overheated, and can go higher," Cramer said of EOG.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV