CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has been named to Training magazine’s Training Top 125 for the seventh straight year. CarMax ranks No. 60 for 2014. Training Top 125 recognizes organizations for providing extraordinary employer-sponsored workforce training and development programs.
Training magazine, the leading business publication for learning and development professionals, annually selects 125 organizations that excel at employee development. These companies are chosen based on a variety of criteria, including the best leadership development, outstanding training initiatives and demonstrable results of training programs.
“Providing strong and relevant training programs is a vital key to our company’s success,” said Tom Folliard, president and CEO of CarMax. “As the company grows, we continue to develop training programs to enhance our associates’ career opportunities.”
CarMax regularly adds new training and reviews existing material to guarantee that the curriculum meets the needs of associates and the business. The recently introduced Summit Program immerses entry-level managers into leadership development by having them work shoulder-to-shoulder with other managers. Not only does the program teach managers specific skills, it also incorporates nonprofit community service into the workshop. The impact is far reaching – both for CarMax’s communities and for the individuals going through the program.Additionally, CarMax's most comprehensive programs and training tools include:
- Development programs that deliver individualized, targeted training opportunities
- Extensive use of technology to support the needs of the associate, including eLearning, student response systems and video testimonials
- Classroom training that employs hands-on activities combined with real-world application exercises
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts