GT Advanced posted a loss of 26 cents a share; analysts expected a loss of 36 cents. Revenue fell 68.1% from the year-ago quarter to $32.6 million, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $36.76 million.
Looking to the first quarter, the company said it expects a loss of between 25 cents and 20 cents a share and revenue of between $20 million and $30 million. Analysts expect a loss of 7 cents and revenue of $122.58 million for the quarter.
GT Advanced said it expects revenue and profitability will be back-end loaded in 2014, with its sapphire materials business improving throughout the year. The company expects earnings of between 2 cents and 18 cents a share for the full year compared to analysts' estimates of 7 cents. GT Advanced said it expects revenue of between $600 million and $800 million for the year, while analysts expect revenue of $691.8 million.Must read: 4 Hot Stocks on Traders' Radars GTAT data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV