New Lifetime High Reached By Marriott International (MAR)
- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.4 million.
- MAR has traded 57,945 shares today.
- MAR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. MAR has a PE ratio of 25.8. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.23 and a short float of 4.3% with 3.51 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MAR's share price has jumped by 30.38%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MAR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC's earnings per share declined by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.37 versus $2.01).
- MAR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MARRIOTT INTL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.39%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.69% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has decreased by 16.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $181.00 million to $151.00 million.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.