Trade-Ideas: Jos A Bank Clothiers (JOSB) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- JOSB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.9 million.
- JOSB has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- JOSB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOSB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOSB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JOSB: Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. engages in designing, manufacturing, retailing, and direct marketing men's tailored and casual clothing, and accessories in the United States. JOSB has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are no analysts that rate Jos A Bank Clothiers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Jos A Bank Clothiers has been 869,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jos A Bank Clothiers has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 18.9% with 3.43 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jos A Bank Clothiers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- JOSB has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JOSB has a quick ratio of 2.39, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 365.83% to $16.85 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JOS A BANK CLOTHIERS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.07%.
- The gross profit margin for JOS A BANK CLOTHIERS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.44%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.50% trails the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.19% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Jos A Bank Clothiers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV