BOGOTA, Colombia, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A. (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; TSX: ECP) hereby calls on Shareholders to attend the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting to be held on Wednesday, March 26, 2014, starting at 9 a.m., at the International Center of Business and Exhibitions (Centro Internacional de Negocios y Exposiciones, Corferias), located on Carrera 37 No. 24 – 67, Bogota, Colombia.
The agenda for the meeting will be:
- Safety guidelines
- Quorum Verification
- Opening by the Chief Executive Officer
- Approval of the Agenda
- Appointment of the Meeting's President
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of scrutinizing elections and polling
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of reviewing and approving the minutes of the meeting
- Presentation of the report concerning the Board of Directors' activities, the Board's evaluation of the Chief Executive Officer's performance, as well as the company's compliance with the corporate governance code
- Presentation of 2013 performance report by the Board of Directors and by the Chief Executive Officer of ECOPETROL S.A.
- Report by the Minority Shareholders Representative
- Review and consideration of ECOPETROL S.A.'s financial statements and consolidated financial statements as of December 31, 2013
- Review of the External Auditor's Report
- Approval of reports presented by the Management, and the External Auditor and approval of Financial Statements
- Approval of proposal for dividend distribution
- Election of the External Auditor and assignment of remuneration
- Election of the Board of Directors
- Propositions and miscellaneous
As from March 4, 2014, shareholders will exercise the right to inspect the books and documents that the Colombian Commercial Code refers to. This information may be consulted at the Company's main offices (Calle 37 No. 8-43 Bogota, Colombia), in a time schedule from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The integrated sustainable performance report may be consulted on Ecopetrol Web site.The resumes of candidates for the Board of Directors and for the External Auditor are available to the shareholders on Ecopetrol Web site.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts