Story updated at 9:45 a.m. to reflect market activity.
The Container Store fell 3.6% to $33.9 in morning trading.
The bank lowered its price target for the retail chain to $32 from $46. The downgrade was a valuation call.Analyst Denise Chai said, "We are downgrading TCS to Underperform and lowering our PO to $32 on 40x 2015E EPS (from $46 on 50x) as we see risk to 4Q EPS and TCS's P/E multiple which is at significant premium to hardline peers. We are also lowering estimates (see below). In our view, both consensus estimates and guidance do not fully account for significant weather headwinds through most of 4Q." TCS data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV