BOSTON, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Overall confidence among finance and accounting workers dropped by 1.0 point to 61.3 in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to the Randstad Professionals Finance & Accounting Employee Confidence Index. The online study, conducted among 143 finance and accounting employees by Harris Poll on behalf of Randstad Professionals, which measures overall confidence among finance and accounting workers, showed a boost in employees' optimism about their ability to find a new job, with 59 percent of respondents feeling confident they would be able to find new employment, a 10 percentage point increase from the previous quarter.
Finance and accounting workers, however, reported lower levels of optimism about the future of their employers and the security of their current jobs. That said, nearly one-third (31%) stated they are likely to job search over the next 12 months.
"Despite the small dip in overall confidence, finance and accounting workers still reported one of the highest overall levels when compared to other industries tracked," said Rebecca Callahan, Group President, Randstad Professionals. "In fact, we are seeing many opportunities for candidates across various geographies and industries, especially for public accountants and accounting managers in 2014. Those professionals who specialize in skills like ERP Software, Hyperion or those who have their CPA certification will find the 2014 employment landscape even more promising. Additionally, while industry certifications certainly increase worker employability, we are also seeing employers seek more rounded attributes, such as strong communication and analytical skills."
Q4 2013 Survey Highlights:Increased Confidence in Finance and Accounting Workers' Ability to Find New Jobs
- Nearly three-in-five (59%) finance and accounting employees are confident in their ability to find a new job, rising 10 percentage points from the previous quarter.
- Almost a third of these workers (32%) believe that the economy is weakening, a 10 percentage point increase from the third quarter.
- While decreasing from Q3, more than half of finance and accounting workers (57%) remain confident in the future of their current employers.
- Nearly three-fourths of finance and accounting employees (69%) believe they are not likely to lose their jobs in the next 12 months, compared to 80 percent who indicated so in the third quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV