- Replace "simple" passwords (e.g.,1234 or "password") with alpha-numeric and symbol passwords and enable additional security questions when available.
- Never post personal info in chat rooms or agree to engage in offline chats or meetings.
- Do not share contact info on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or similar posts or profiles.
- Always make sure that your PC or Mac system software is up to date.
- Review your security settings before connecting to public Wi-Fi and limit what you do on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your antivirus software is automatically updated and runs regular scans on all of your operating systems to protect against new threats, which may lead to identity fraud.
- Be wary of emails with attachments or embedded links from unknown sources.
- Scan hard disk(s) at least twice monthly to detect and remove unauthorized remote controls.
CenturyLink Offers Online Tips To Reduce Computer Infections, Phishing And To Strengthen Security
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.