BROOKINGS, S.D., Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Texas A&M University is primed to provide Aggie players and fans with the largest video display in all of college football at Kyle Field in College Station, Texas. Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., will design, manufacture and install the 47-foot high by 163-foot wide LED video display, the first display at the college level to feature 1080 resolution, prior to the start of the 2014 season.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=23664
University officials visited football venues around the country to compare display technology and were very impressed with the brightness and overall quality of Daktronics 13HD LED video display product."As part of the redevelopment of Kyle Field, it was paramount to find the best technology available to showcase Texas A&M's unique in-game experience and traditions on game day," says Director of Athletics Eric Hyman. "We found that the Daktronics technology is highly regarded in the industry, and we look forward to a strong partnership in providing the 12 th Man an unparalleled experience in college football." Texas A&M is currently in the midst of a $450 million project to redevelop Kyle Field into the finest collegiate football stadium in the country. Capacity at the storied facility will increase to 102,500, with substantial completion in time for the 2015 season. More information about the project can be found at www.kylefield.com . This primary Daktronics display, to be installed in the south end zone, will incorporate the very latest in LED technology to provide excellent image clarity, contrast and wide angle visibility through its 13 HD pixel layout. It will incorporate multiple levels of protection from the elements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV