MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Munchies: People's Choice Food Awards returns for its third year as General Mills' Tablespoon.com website honors 20 categories of the top food experiences America has to offer. Beginning today, the public has the chance to weigh in on mouth-watering nominees served up by an expert panel of more than 40 celebrity tastemakers. From Best Food City, to Best Food Truck, Best Chef and Best Craft Brewery, the public has the chance to vote on their food favorites daily through March 31 at Tablespoon.com/themunchies.
"The Munchies: People's Choice Food Awards returns for a third consecutive year, recognizing and celebrating the best of the best across the world of food. We expect to see another year of heated competition, with many nominees tied until the very last day of voting," said Heather Reid Liebo, food content marketing manager at General Mills. "In addition, we will once again make a donation to Feeding America on behalf of all of the voters and panelists to aid in hunger-relief."
James Beard award-winning television personality and Chef Andrew Zimmern returns to condense the big, juicy world of food experiences down to a handful of nominees per category. A pro with his own cred in the kitchen, Zimmern headed up a wide-ranging panel of celebrity food personalities to create the short list of nominees."Food is an integral part of our individual lives and communal culture in America. I'm always fascinated to see what the public considers desirable and worthy of applause via this unparalleled online food awards program," said Zimmern. "The Munchies provides a unique opportunity to spark a national conversation about fantastic food and empowers the public to voice who is most deserving."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV