SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced its Interlaken intellectual property (IP) core has been qualified and selected for production shipments in Brocade® MLX® Series multi-terabit core routers for use in datacenters. The Interlaken IP is implemented on a Stratix® V FPGA and helps enable Brocade routers to rapidly and efficiently scale cloud-optimized networks. Using Altera FPGAs and IP to scale cloud-optimized networks allows businesses to manage high volumes of network data and make real-time decisions based on the results.
"Altera provides us a single Interlaken IP design that is extremely configurable and robust, which enables the high-bandwidth efficiencies required on our various line module configurations. This unique, single configurable design, coupled with our service cost model infrastructure, benefits our enterprise and service provider customers who have tight budgets and require a specific set of services," said Majid Afshar, vice president, ASIC and hardware engineering, Brocade. "Altera's Interlaken IP delivers the bandwidth scalability and data efficiency our customers require for Big Data, but also for other applications that require high-rate data transfers through the network."
Altera's Stratix V FPGA-based Interlaken solution enables chip-to-chip packet transfers at rates over 100 Gbps, which helps OEMs move the nearly 2.5 exabytes of data that are created each day. The Interlaken IP is a fully integrated solution that includes the MAC, PCS, and PMA layers. The Brocade Stratix V FPGA-based terabit router solutions offer business decision makers:
- High-density 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), 40 GbE, and 10 GbE routing and OpenFlow support in true Hybrid Port Mode for software-defined networks, providing flexible flow control to respond to dynamic traffic patterns and address business needs.
- Highly scalable IPv4/IPv6 routing and advanced MPLS capabilities while providing wire-speeds of 100 GbE and 10 GbE density – ideal for Internet backbones and service provider cores.
- Economical cost structures that give managers the flexibility to purchase the services and bandwidth they need to be competitive.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts