Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced the first two modules for its Healthcare Analytics Platform. Available exclusively through Avnet’s U.S. and Canadian channel partners, the Avnet Healthcare Analytics Platform accelerates the integration of medical, operational and financial data from multiple IT systems to offer healthcare providers a single, unified and secure view of patient information. The new modules are designed to help healthcare providers identify patterns among patients to reduce readmissions and improve prevention-oriented population health management (PHM).
“A patient’s ability to recover from an illness or manage a chronic health condition rests on a staggering number of behavioral, environmental, financial, and societal factors that extend well beyond the four walls of a healthcare provider’s facility,” said Patrick Stewart, vice president and general manager, IT Solutions for Avnet Services in the Americas. “Avnet created highly-specialized modules for our Healthcare Analytics Platform to assist healthcare providers in quickly analyzing volumes of data to pinpoint specific patterns for their patients, which can be used to reduce risk factors both during and after a visit. This will not only improve the health of patients, but will also support healthcare providers in complying with regulatory requirements.”
The new modules feature dashboards, reports, and alerts that will assist healthcare providers in raising the quality of care, improving coordination across all care settings, and applying this approach over a much longer period than just a single episode of care. The modules include:
- Readmissions: Designed to help healthcare providers reduce preventable readmissions. The module enables healthcare providers to analyze the data across all of their systems to identify trends retrospectively that have resulted in patient readmissions. This historical data can be used to identify risk factors during a patient’s visit, allowing the physician to apply special protocols if needed. The dashboards accompanying this module offer a wide range of views, including insights on the unit and physician attending each patient. This module is available immediately through Avnet’s community of solution provider, system integrator and value-added reseller (VAR) partners in the U.S. and Canada.
- Population Health Management: Created to support the categorization of patient populations based on demographic information, primarily to assist in the management of chronic conditions. This module will give healthcare providers a tool to understand how best to apply their patient resources by combining disease type with demographics and other patient information. The data from the population health management module will help healthcare providers offer more patient-centric care, increase patient engagement, enable a collaborative approach to intervention and measure outcomes. This module will be available in the second quarter of 2014 through Avnet’s partners in the U.S. and Canada.
“Analytic technologies have the potential to dramatically improve patient treatment and empower healthcare organizations to personalize patient care plans,” said Vince DeLuca, CEO of Logicalis U.S., an international IT solutions and managed services provider, and Avnet partner. “To benefit from analytic technologies though, healthcare providers must find a way to overcome the challenges associated with disconnected systems, and fragmented, unstructured data. Avnet’s Healthcare Analytics Platform provides a powerful solution to this challenge by rapidly integrating data throughout a healthcare provider’s organization. With the newly introduced modules, we’ll be able to help our healthcare provider customers take a huge step forward in improving patient care and outcomes by using patterns and trends lying untapped in their current systems, to prevent readmissions and enable patients to better manage chronic conditions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV