VANCOUVER, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Nevsun Resources Ltd. (TSX:NSU / NYSE MKT: NSU) (Nevsun or the Company) is pleased to advise that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of US$0.035 per common share ( US$0.14 per common share annually). The dividend is payable on April 15, 2014 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 31, 2014.
"Nevsun has a strong balance sheet and this dividend policy confirms our continuing focus on generating cash flow from operations and providing a healthy return to shareholders," said Cliff Davis, CEO.
This dividend qualifies as an 'eligible dividend' for Canadian income tax purposes.
About Nevsun Resources Ltd.Nevsun Resources Ltd. is a Vancouver-based mining company with an operating mine in Eritrea. Nevsun's 60%-owned Bisha Mine commenced commercial gold production in February 2011 and then transitioned to and commenced commercial copper production in December, 2013, and ranks as one of the highest grade open pit copper mines in the world. Nevsun has a strong balance sheet to grow shareholder value through exploration at Bisha and acquisition of additional mining assets. NEVSUN RESOURCES LTD. "Cliff T. Davis" Cliff T. Davis President & Chief Executive Officer SOURCE Nevsun Resources Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV