ORLANDO, Fla. and SAN DIEGO, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Life, Inc., is integrating Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), as part of the latest 2net ™ Hub software release, making the 2net Hub one of the first standalone, FDA-listed wireless gateways on the market that can seamlessly connect to BLE-enabled medical and fitness devices 1. The announcement was made at the 2014 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., February 23-27.
"This latest 2net Hub software release significantly expands Qualcomm Life's solution portfolio as it adds yet another software radio management capability to support integration of a variety of Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled medical devices and activity monitors to the 2net Hub and Platform," said Rick Valencia, senior vice president and general manager of Qualcomm Life. "As more and more device makers move to BLE, we are uniquely positioned to help our ecosystem collaborators and customers navigate current and future wireless roadmaps due to our leadership and insight into the space."
Along with the BLE integration, the software release includes Over-the-Air updates, allowing Qualcomm Life to make seamless, remote updates to the 2net Hub including device integrations, sending and receiving device data from the 2net Platform and more. Additionally, Qualcomm Life has grown its integrated health care devices portfolio, bringing more scalability and flexibility to its Qualcomm Life Ecosystem members. The 2net Hub, an open, standalone, plug-and-play gateway to the 2net Platform's data center, delivers a new dimension of short-range radio flexibility, security, interoperability and seamless data transfer, while serving as the information highway for machine-to-machine connectivity for medical devices into and out of the home.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV