NOVATO, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. (Nasdaq:RPTP) today announced that company management will present at two upcoming investor conferences.
- JMP Securities Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Workshop in New York on February 27, 2014. Patrice Rioux, M.D., Ph.D., Raptor's Chief Medical Officer, will present an overview of the company's development program in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) during a panel discussion beginning at 9:30 a.m. EST.
- Cowen and Company, 34 th Annual Health Care Conference in Boston on March 4, 2014 at 9:20 a.m. EST/6:20 a.m. PST. Christopher Starr, Ph.D., Raptor's Chief Executive Officer will present. A live audio webcast and archive of the presentation will be available on the company website at www.raptorpharma.com .
About Raptor Pharmaceutical
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of life-altering therapeutics that treat rare, debilitating and often fatal diseases. The company's first product, PROCYSBI ® (cysteamine bitartrate) delayed-release capsules, is FDA approved for the management of nephropathic cystinosis in adults and children 6 years and older. The product is also approved by the European Commission for marketing in the EU as PROCYSBI ® gastro-resistant hard capsules of cysteamine (mercaptamine bitartrate), for the treatment of proven nephropathic cystinosis. Raptor's pipeline also includes RP103 in a Phase 2/3 trial for Huntington's disease (HD), and a Phase 2 program in Leigh's syndrome and other mitochondrial diseases. PROCYSBI was granted orphan designation and exclusivity for nephropathic cystinosis in the U.S. and EU. Raptor also holds several orphan drug designations, including U.S. orphan drug designation for RP103 in Huntington's disease. A request for EU designation for RP103 in HD will be submitted with clinical data. Raptor holds intellectual property for the use of cysteamine in HD and other neurodegenerative disorders including Parkinson's disease, Rett Syndrome and the treatment of MeCP2-associated disorders. A request for orphan designation for Leigh Syndrome has been submitted to the FDA. For additional information, please visit www.raptorpharma.com .
CONTACT: Georgia Erbez Chief Financial Officer Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. (415) 408-6231 firstname.lastname@example.org INVESTOR CONTACT: Westwicke Partners, LLC Robert H. Uhl Managing Director (858) 356-5932 email@example.com MEDIA CONTACT: Carolyn Hawley Canale Communications (619) 849-5375 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV