MILPITAS, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI), a leader in advanced memory and analog and mixed signal IC solutions, today announced its IS32BL3552 and IS32BL3554 solutions, two highly integrated multi-string LED drivers for LCD backlighting applications. These new high performance devices integrate a boost converter with multiple current sinks for cost-effective automotive infotainment displays and instrument clusters, as well as applications in industrial displays, TVs and monitors.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=23740
"These new LED driver products represent our ongoing efforts to expand our content and penetration of the automotive industry," said Ven Shan, vice president of analog products at ISSI. "Industry analysts forecast double digit growth for automotive LED lighting over the next five years, driven by its widespread use in both interior and exterior lighting applications for safety, durability and aesthetics. We are well positioned to leverage our current leadership position in memory solutions to address this exciting growth opportunity in the automotive market."ISSI's new LED drivers include a DC-DC boost switching controller with outputs up to 60V to drive multiple strings of LEDs as well as regulated current sinks with string-to-string current matching accuracy of ±1.5% to ensure uniform LCD display brightness. The IS32BL3552 supports two parallel strings of up to 360mA each, while the IS32BL3554 supports four strings of up to 180mA. For added flexibility, the sinks can be paralleled together to achieve even higher LED currents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV