- MTN addresses enterprise segment with new innovative solution
- MTN to deploy solution in public venues and enterprise buildings across South Africa
- Elegant, easy-to-deploy indoor system designed to meet rapidly evolving data demands
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) today announced an agreement with MTN, a leading telecommunications company with presence in 22 countries in Africa and the Middle East, to trial the exciting new Ericsson Radio Dot System in public venues and enterprise buildings across South Africa, and later across MTN operations.
An in-building environment presents a special set of challenges for mobile operators, concerning complexity, scalability and service continuity. Current indoor solutions are built mainly for voice coverage and do not meet the growing capacity demands of apps.
The Ericsson Radio Dot System was introduced to the African market at AfricaCom in November, 2013. It is a cellular radio that is small enough to fit a person's hand, but provides quality indoor coverage that previously required complex in building installment. The disk-shaped, break-through solution, addresses a broad range of scenarios for providing high-quality access to mobile broadband indoors.MTN South Africa, pioneers of LTE deployment in the region, have further demonstrated their commitment to delivering consistently high quality end user experience and innovation by being the first operator in Africa to trial the Ericsson Radio Dot System. This deployment will address indoor coverage and capacity needs of their individual and enterprise mobile broadband subscribers. Fredrik Jejdling, Head: Ericsson sub-Saharan Africa says: "Our research predicts mobile data traffic will grow 17 times over the next 5 years driven by app culture and video. As such leading operators like MTN are focused on improving indoor network performance and coverage. The Radio Dot System is a game changer, designed to empower mobile and converged operators to seamlessly deliver integrated cloud and mobile broadband services to their customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV