STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SingTel, Asia's leading communications company, will set a new benchmark for mobile services with the launch of a range of groundbreaking 4G/LTE services this year in collaboration with Ericsson. These include:
- 300Mbps mobile broadband service with LTE-Advanced
- Improved video streaming with LTE Broadcast technology
- Enhanced indoor coverage with Ericsson Radio Dot System technology
Mr Tay Soo Meng, SingTel's Group Chief Technology Officer, said: "SingTel is continually enhancing and upgrading its networks to deliver the fastest and most consistent mobile services. We are focused on improving customer experience by adopting the latest technologies and pushing the boundaries of innovation."
Mr Nicholas Seow, Head of Ericsson Singapore and Brunei, said: "We are pleased to be able to support a trailblazer like SingTel in its ambitions to continue to lead the way in its market. With our groundbreaking solutions, we are committed to enabling SingTel to provide world-class mobile services and seize opportunities for growth."300Mbps mobile broadband service with LTE-Advanced SingTel is working closely with Ericsson to upgrade its Singapore 4G network to LTE-Advanced later this year. This will enable SingTel to boost the maximum data speeds of its 4G service to 300Mbps. This is double the speed currently offered. With this upgrade, customers will enjoy an unrivalled experience for video, music, games and other multimedia content on-the-move, as well as web surfing and communications. LTE-Advanced enables the aggregation of multiple mobile spectrum bands, delivering higher data speeds, greater spectral efficiency, and an increase in system capacity. Network performance on the cell edge will also be greatly improved, providing mobile users with better coverage and experience. Improved video streaming with LTE Broadcast technology To enhance the experience for the large number of Singapore consumers who use their mobile devices to view videos, SingTel will undertake a trial of LTE Broadcast technology in the second half of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV