Initially, Xamarin and SAP will focus on the following initiatives:
- A newly released SDK that can enable developers to create native applications capable of more easily leveraging the rich functionality and enterprise data in SAP Mobile Platform
- A Xamarin Test Cloud with built-in SAP Mobile Platform data verification capabilities, designed to allow developers to perform more fully automated testing of mobile apps across hundreds of devices simultaneously
- A Xamarin certified consultant program available to Xamarin's 150 global consulting partners to help ensure efficient development of compelling apps using both Xamarin and SAP solutions
- An expanded Xamarin University program to include an expert led course for training enterprise developers to build Xamarin mobile apps that can connect to SAP Mobile Platform
Service2Media Brings Customers Proven Mobile Expertise for SAP systems With nearly 10 years of experience developing mobile apps globally, Service2Media has expanded its App Lifecycle Platform M2Active™ to support SAP Mobile Platform APIs through a new connector module. M2Active now gives users a comprehensive set of tools, rapid workflows and cloud services to create iOS, Android and Windows apps that can access SAP systems. With a rich history in building consumer-facing applications, M2Active's built-in support for SAP Mobile Platform will allow customers to quickly create a compelling user experience to engage and grow their customer base while enabling them to take advantage of the security, application services and scalability of the platform.
"We anticipate that our relationship with SAP will ensure smooth integration of the data generated by SAP Mobile Platform directly into our software development tool chain," said Marcel E. Smit, CEO, Service2Media. "We can now carry our experience developing mobile consumer apps into the enterprise via one of the most flexible and comprehensive mobile enterprise application development platform in the industry. The combination of SAP and Service2Media can allow for the shortest time to market for user-friendly, feature-rich mobile enterprise apps for Service2Media's customers."
"Today's businesses are looking to mobilize a much broader set of enterprise apps and workflows through easy-to-use yet powerful native, hybrid and Web applications," said Bill Clark, global vice president, Mobile Strategy, SAP. "To meet this demand, we are constantly looking to expand SAP Mobile Platform through support from third-party software development frameworks that companies like Xamarin and Service2Media provide and by staying true to our open standards-based, bring-your-own-tools approach. Mobile app development sets the tone for mobile business and by engaging in this relationship SAP is able to extend its lead in providing end-to-end application life-cycle management for mobile while allowing developers – who have invested skills in development frameworks from Xamarin and Service2Media – to plug into the power and breadth of SAP technology."For more information, including additional news from Mobile World Congress 2014, visit the SAP Newsroom and www.sap.com/mwc. *SuperMonitoring, " State of mobile 2013 (infographic)," September 23, 2013**Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms" by Ian Finley, Van Baker, Ken Parmelee, David Mitchell Smith, Ray Valdes, Gordon Van Hulzen, August 7, 2013 About SAP As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 253,500 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com. Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV