AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the online security company for 177 million active users, today announced it has begun rolling out a short data privacy notice within its mobile apps to make it transparent to customers what data is collected and how it is shared. AVG is one of the first in the industry to pursue this best practice which arises from the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA) Privacy Multi-StakeHolder Process, Short Form Notice Code of Conduct to Promote Transparency in Mobile App Practices, announced in July last year.
"AVG is an innovator in security and privacy and has clearly recognized that greater transparency leads to greater trust," said Jules Polonetsky, Director of the Future of Privacy Forum. "We're looking forward to other companies following the lead of AVG in embracing the 'human readable' privacy disclosure approach."
AVG monitored the progress of the NTIA Privacy Multi stakeholder process on Mobile Application Transparency from 2012 through to the resulting Code of Conduct that was finalized in 2013. With the delivery of a prototype of a short data privacy notice that will be rolled out across its mobile apps, AVG is one of the first to publicly announce a response to the new guidelines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV