- Ericsson delivers Service Agility based on Service Innovation Framework, a catalog-driven OSS/BSS software suite
- Service Agility will enable CenturyLink to quickly deliver new enterprise applications
- Significant milestone in Ericsson's mission to support operators in becoming agile and successfully differentiating themselves in a competitive marketplace
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) and Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) have signed an agreement for a next-generation OSS/BSS solution. Through this joint development effort, Ericsson will utilize its Service Innovation Framework to help enhance the CenturyLink customer experience, giving enterprise customers more control over their services and helping reduce service delivery times.
This new solution, which will begin implementation at the end of 2014 and continue through 2015, will enable CenturyLink to simplify its business processes through the use of a single platform for delivering next-generation products such as Global Ethernet, Internet, Virtual Private Network and Optical Wavelength services to its enterprise customers. As part of this effort, CenturyLink will implement an open Application Program Interface (API) structure, allowing quicker delivery of new products and features.
"Ericsson's Service Agility will help support our goals to simplify our business and better serve our customers by enabling faster product delivery, enhancing service capabilities and providing back office support for the software-defined network and virtualized environment we are creating," said James Feger, CenturyLink Vice President of Network Strategy and Development. "We recognize the value of Ericsson's thought leadership and innovation and are excited that our collaboration on this new OSS/BSS solution will provide our customers with an enhanced service experience."Ericsson is utilizing its OSS/BSS and Service Enablement portfolio to provide its customers with a unified, end-to-end framework to support new business models, enable rapid introduction of new products including M2M and digital services, and help transition from legacy to consolidated next-generation systems and business processes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV