- World-leading telecommunications company to trial innovative indoor mobile broadband solution
- Vodafone teaming with leading mobile broadband supplier, Ericsson, to bring high-performance cellular connectivity into enterprise buildings with new Ericsson Radio Dot System
- Designed to provide consistent high-performance user experience and features between indoor and outdoor environments
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vodafone, one of the world's largest telecommunications companies, has signed on as a lead customer for the Ericsson Radio Dot System, the innovative new indoor small cell solution from Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC). The Ericsson Radio Dot System is designed to extend Vodafone's 3G and LTE mobile broadband network capacity into enterprise buildings to deliver a high-performance mobile broadband experience to Vodafone customers.
Ericsson's industry-leading mobile broadband technology already powers Vodafone's services in multiple countries including Germany, the UK and the Netherlands. The new Radio Dot System is designed to extend that mobile broadband capacity, both 3G and LTE, into enterprise buildings and public venues. The visible element of the Ericsson Radio Dot System, known as the Dot, is sleek and compact, to blend in with any indoor environment.
Valter D'Avino, Head of Ericsson Region Western and Central Europe, says: "As a strategic network supplier, Ericsson will work closely with Vodafone to expand their opportunities in the enterprise market with the Ericsson Radio Dot System. The System is a key differentiator of Ericsson's Mobile Enterprise strategy to empower mobile and converged operators to deliver integrated cloud, connectivity and communications as-a-service to their enterprise customers."Ericsson Radio Dot System is compact and offers flexible mounting. It introduces a revolutionary antenna element, or 'Dot', which delivers mobile broadband access to users. Dots are connected and powered via standard internet LAN cables (Category 5/6/7) to indoor radio units that link to a base station.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts