NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among the posts this past week was an entry about the effect of Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp on Monitise and reasons to short Tesla.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
The Global Economic Recovery Is Foundering
Originally published on Thursday, Feb. 20 at 10:40 a.m. EDT.
There is an important read-through to the value of Monitise in a world of increased social engagement. The deal validates the strategic opportunities for banks/merchants to generate new revenue streams out of mobile, which is exactly what Monitise is positioned to help customers with. One can argue that the WhatsApp deal directly exposes the value of Monitise. Indeed, one can argue that Monitise's strategic value has more than doubled after the WhatsApp deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV