Trade-Ideas: WebMD Health Corporation (WBMD) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- WBMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.3 million.
- WBMD is down 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WBMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WBMD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WBMD: WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians and other healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through its public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications in the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates WebMD Health Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for WebMD Health Corporation has been 894,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. WebMD Health has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 26.2% with 5.34 days to cover. Shares are up 27% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WebMD Health Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 264.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$6.09 million to $10.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WEBMD HEALTH CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WEBMD HEALTH CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.31 versus -$0.44 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.5% in earnings ($0.29 versus $0.31).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 291.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 175.20% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- You can view the full WebMD Health Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.