In its fourth quarter the restaurant operator reported earnings of 21 cents a share, beating the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 18 cents a share by 3 cents. Revenue fell 4.8% from the year-ago quarter to $108.8 million. Analysts expected revenue of $111.88 million for the quarter.
Ruth's Hospitality said restaurant sales decreased 3.6% in the fourth quarter when compared to the year-ago quarter. Sales increased 2.5% for the year, however. Both the fourth quarter of 2012 and the full-year 2012 had one more operating week than 2013.
- RUTH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 300.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.07% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RUTH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, RUTHS HOSPITALITY GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 259.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.80 million to $2.89 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RUTH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV