NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shutterstock (SSTK) was gaining 19.21% to $98.25, and and hit an all-time high of $98.98 Friday after beating analysts' expectations in its fourth quarter results and and delivering better-than-expected 2014 guidance.
For its fourth quarter Shutterstock posted earnings of 22 cents a share, beating analyst estimates of 21 cents a share. The company reported revenue of $68 million, compared to analyst expectations of $65.9 million.
Looking to the first quarter, Shutterstock expects revenue between $69 million and $70 million. Analysts estimate revenue of $67.7 million for the quarter. For the full-year 2014 Shutterstock expects revenue between $305 million and $310 million, higher than analysts' estimate of $304.5 million.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SSTK's share price has jumped by 220.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame.
- Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SHUTTERSTOCK INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $14.65 million or 4.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SHUTTERSTOCK INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.10%.
- SHUTTERSTOCK INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 37.2% in earnings ($0.84 versus $1.33).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 29.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.74 million to $6.19 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SSTK Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV