PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- Well, it's over.
After weeks of wall-to-wall coverage on every television station with a peacock logo and nights spent gazing at skicross, slopestyle, curling and cringeworthy injuries, we bid farewell to the Winter Olympics from Sochi, Russia. As mentioned at the beginning of the games, the "TV Everywhere" approach to coverage is finally taking hold -- even if it costs extra to see it all.
For sports fans wired from weeks of ubiquitous coverage, however, watching games or events one at a time is going to turn into its own form of withdrawal. Where are all the live feeds? Where are the multiple angles and endless visual aids and analysis? Where's the rest of the world?
Granted, half of American sports fans will ride that emptiness into college basketball conference tournament time and March Madness before checking out of the world again and getting nice and snug in their cozy little cocoon of isolationist ambivalence. To them we say: Good luck finding that early round game on TruTV.To the rest of you looking for something a bit broader and more consuming, we're here to tell you that you're in luck. This Olympic year not only contains some perennial global favorites, but also features some events that come up only every few years or so. We took a look at the sports calendar and found five events that not only keep up the Olympic spirit, but keep the cross-continental rivalries heated:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV