The investment firm made an offer for Barnes & Noble that values the company at $22 a share. If G Asset Management can't take control of the entire company, it said it would be interested in acquiring 51% of the Nook segment of the company, valuing it at $5 a share.
G Asset Management said in its proposal that separating the Nook segment from the retail and college business could create value for shareholders.
Both offers are subject to the investment firm obtaining financing, performing due diligence, and negotiating with the company.Must read: Barnes & Noble Should Shut the Book on Nook BKS data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV