LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Feb. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream (Nasdaq:WIN) is reducing its workforce to increase operational efficiency as it continues to focus on becoming the premier enterprise communications and services provider.
The company plans to eliminate approximately 400 positions by March 3. About 175 of those positions are being eliminated through a voluntary separation initiative. Windstream currently has approximately 13,500 employees.
"Changes that affect people are never easy, but they are necessary for Windstream to succeed in a highly competitive marketplace," said Jeff Gardner, president and chief executive officer of Windstream. "We continue to invest in our growth areas, primarily business services and consumer broadband, and at the same time we must maintain a disciplined approach to expense management."The changes are expected to result in annualized savings of approximately $20 million. The company expects to incur a charge of $9 million to $10 million in the first quarter to pay severance benefits to affected employees. In addition to severance payments, the affected employees will receive outplacement counseling. About Windstream Windstream (Nasdaq:WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. For more information, visit www.windstream.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: David Avery, 501-748-5876 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Mary Michaels, 501-748-7578 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV