The company recorded net income of $39 million from a loss of $40 million in the year-ago quarter. Per-share earnings of 35 cents beat expectations by 11 cents, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
The fourth-largest cable provider in the U.S. saw revenue jump 12% to $2.14 billion, just falling shy of consensus by $14 million.
Charter managed to increase its internet customer base by 2.2% to 4.38 million subscribers as of Dec. 31.By midday, shares had tripped 4.8% to $125.56. Must Watch: Will the Comcast-Time Warner Deal Get Past DC Regulators? TheStreet Ratings team rates CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC (CHTR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHTR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV