For the fourth quarter MRC posted earnings of 32 cents a share, falling 9 cents short of analysts' estimates of 41 cents a share. The company's revenue grew 2.9% to $1.34 billion for the quarter, while analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected revenue of $1.32 billion.
Looking forward to 2014, MRC expects revenue between $5.5 billion and $5.8 billion for the full year. Analysts expect revenue of $5.7 billion for the year.
- MRC GLOBAL INC's earnings per share declined by 29.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MRC GLOBAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $1.24).
- In comparison to the other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, MRC GLOBAL INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- MRC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $59.48 million or 47.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 30.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $55.54 million to $38.76 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MRC Ratings Report