Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE: SQNS) and Alcatel-Lucent S.A. (NYSE: ALU) are conducting two LTE technology demonstrations at Mobile World Congress using Alcatel-Lucent’s LTE Radio Access Network (RAN) equipment and Sequans-powered LTE user devices. The two companies will demonstrate carrier aggregation, using Sequans’ Cassiopeia LTE-Advanced Platform, and LTE Broadcast, using Sequans’ Mont Blanc LTE platform. The demonstrations will take place in Alcatel-Lucent’s booth in hall 3, stand 3K10.
- The carrier aggregation demo showcases the maturity and performance of the carrier aggregation capability of Sequans’ Cassiopeia LTE-Advanced platform, as well as of Alcatel-Lucent’s LTE Overlay solution.
- In the LTE Broadcast demonstration, Sequans and Alcatel-Lucent will showcase the capabilities of their respective LTE Broadcast solutions at Mobile World Congress, using tablets based on Sequans’ eMBMS-capable Mont Blanc LTE platform, video content will be broadcast from Alcatel-Lucent’s LTE Overlay solution.
“These demonstrations will show the commercial readiness of both carrier aggregation and LTE Broadcast in our chip solutions,” said Georges Karam, Sequans CEO. “Our eMBMS technology has been thoroughly proven by operators in several countries, and now our carrier aggregation technology will enjoy a similar reception in this, its first public demonstration with Alcatel-Lucent. We continue to work closely with Alcatel-Lucent on refining these advanced LTE capabilities that will soon transform our mobile world in new and exciting ways.”
“We have been working with Sequans for more than a year on eMBMS testing and we have made tremendous progress in making this exciting LTE multicast technology commercial-ready,” said Glen Booth, VP of the LTE Business at Alcatel-Lucent. “By working together, Alcatel-Lucent and Sequans intend to accelerate the adoption of technologies to bring innovative services to consumers and alleviate the impact of mobile data on wireless networks.”
Sequans Mont Blanc LTE Platform is Verizon Wireless certified, complies with 3GPP Release 9 specifications, and supports category 4 throughput, eMBMS, and other advanced features. Sequans’ new Cassiopeia LTE-Advanced Platform complies with 3GPP Release 10 specifications and offers highly flexible carrier aggregation whereby any two carriers of any size up to 20 MHz each can be combined.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV