If you want a laugh, go back and read the research about Gilead's folly, giving up a third of its market cap for something as unproven as a possible pill for hep C. Analysts hated the deal, just like the critics I heard yesterday.
Finally, I heard that the dilution would be horrendous -- sure, if it doesn't work. But if it does, then it won't be dilutive, meaning, if you believe in Facebook's management, as I do, you can see the synergies and possibilities and don't want to be doing some deal that adds three cents per share to 2015. You want to do a deal that makes you an even bigger and more unassailable powerhouse with more touch and reach. You have no choice if you are going to thrive instead of stagnate.
We bought some for Action Alerts PLUS. We thought we were in for a tough day initially with our first buy and we bought more when it kept going down. Funny thing is, I wish we had bought twice as much.
I just hope we will get the chance.Random Musings: Thanks so much for moving me up on the bestseller list, unusual after a book's been out that long. And reader Mike L. wonders what happens to Tesla's (TSLA) stock when CEO Elon Musk announces an SUV! Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long AAPL, FB and GOOG. Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 10:15 a.m. EST on Real Money on Feb. 21.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV