New Lifetime High Reached By TripAdvisor (TRIP)
- TRIP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $344.4 million.
- TRIP has traded 104,079 shares today.
- TRIP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRIP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRIP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRIP: 2011 comments: TripAdvisor was founded in 2000 by Stephen Kaufer and he remains the company's CEO today. TRIP was acquired in 2004 by IAC in 2004 and later span off in 2005 along with Expedia. From 2005 till December 2011 TripAdvisor traded as subsidiary of Expedia. TRIP has a PE ratio of 66.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate TripAdvisor a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for TripAdvisor has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TripAdvisor has a market cap of $12.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 14.9% with 4.17 days to cover. Shares are up 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TripAdvisor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.51, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TRIP's share price has jumped by 96.80%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TRIP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TRIPADVISOR INC's earnings per share declined by 39.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRIPADVISOR INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.41 versus $1.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.16 versus $1.41).
- The gross profit margin for TRIPADVISOR INC is currently very high, coming in at 97.85%. Regardless of TRIP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRIP's net profit margin of 9.53% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts