Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is EHealth (EHTH)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified eHealth (EHTH) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified eHealth as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EHTH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.8 million.
- EHTH has traded 58,288 shares today.
- EHTH is up 9.3% today.
- EHTH was down 8.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EHTH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EHTH NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EHTH: eHealth, Inc. provides online private health insurance services for individuals, families, and small businesses in the United States. EHTH has a PE ratio of 126.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate eHealth a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for eHealth has been 377,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. eHealth has a market cap of $921.2 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 18.3% with 2.69 days to cover. Shares are up 6.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates eHealth as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, premium valuation and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $8.68 million or 25.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EHEALTH INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -86.73%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EHTH's share price has jumped by 81.82%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for EHEALTH INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 3.94%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.41% trails that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income has decreased by 15.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $0.21 million to $0.17 million.
- You can view the full eHealth Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV