IRVING, Texas, Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BT today announced it was named a "leader" in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Telecom Service Provider 2013 Vendor Assessment.*
In the IDC MarketScape report, it is noted how BT was one of the first telcos to recognize the importance of convergence with IT and continues to focus on innovation to move beyond connectivity. More specifically, the IDC MarketScape highlights BT's strengths in the following key areas:
- Strong global brand: "BT has developed a strong global brand name and has done a great job moving beyond telco limitation."
- Cloud portfolio: "BT has a smart, concise, and efficiently segmented portfolio of cloud and datacenter services, under BT Compute."
- Leading in emerging growth sectors: "BT has become a leading global provider in key emerging growth sectors, including unified communications (UC), and is a primary provider in managed video services and IP voice."
- Strong in security: "With BT Assure, BT has also established a strong security services practice."
- Strong IT business: "Most importantly, BT has developed a strong IT business, with a core portfolio that includes consulting and professional services, as well as a centralized core of global account management team and supporting specialists that is perhaps the best in the business."
- Managed mobility and applications management: "BT has done a good job building up its managed mobility and enterprise applications management portfolio."
Over the past 12 months, BT has launched numerous new offerings and service enhancements to its already broad portfolio of services. According to Courtney Munroe, GVP WW Telecommunications IDC, "BT has always been forward looking. It has embraced the challenge of meeting MNC requirements and has invested significantly during 2013 in expanding its regional assets, particularly in the Asia Pacific region and Brazil. This shows that BT continues its efforts to diversify its revenue base and to build on success in winning contracts also outside of Europe."
Luis Alvarez, chief executive BT Global Services, said: "We are proud to be named as a worldwide leader by the IDC MarketScape just two months after achieving a leadership position in the Asia Pacific 'next-generation telcos' IDC Marketscape. We don't sell networks - we sell what our customers can do with them. The IDC MarketScape reports encourage us to continue on that path. It validates our investments in innovation and in people. We will build further on our long standing collaboration with our customers and engage with them with new and even better services wherever they invest to expand."This IDC MarketScape represents a vendor assessment of the 2013 telco ICT services market using the IDC MarketScape model. This assessment covers 11 key telecom service providers (SPs) on a worldwide basis. The assessment is based on current and future capabilities with a view of presenting the most comprehensive view of enterprise requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV