Up-and-coming Canadian artists are celebrated with largest prize of its kind
TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2014 /CNW/ - Calling all up-and-coming Canadian artists! RBC, with the support of the Canadian Art Foundation, today announced its call for entries for the 2014 RBC Canadian Painting Competition. The competition, designed to give exposure and opportunity to painters as part of RBC's on-going support of emerging artists across the country, will award $55,000 in prize money to support rising artistic talent.
"The impact of our competition extends beyond the cash prize," said Robin Anthony, curator, RBC. "It provides artists who are just starting their careers time, national exposure, connection to mentors and the opportunity to become part of an esteemed group of competition alumni. This is a rare opportunity for an artist embarking on a career in visual arts."
Entries must be submitted by May 6 at 5 p.m. EST. The submitted works will be short-listed to 15 finalists by independent panels of regional judges and will be announced on June 14. All 15 finalists will have their works displayed at The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts in the fall of 2014, and will be featured on RBC's website.Regional jurors will meet in September to determine one winner and two honourable mentions, who will be announced on October 1 in Montreal, where the winner will receive a prize of $25,000 for the purchase of their work, and the two honourable mentions will receive $15,000 each. The winner's painting will be added to RBC's Canadian art collection, which features more than 4,000 works collected over the past hundred years. The collection includes original works of art by well-known and emerging Canadian artists, as well as distinguished artists from across the U.S. The collection also includes works by previous RBC Canadian Painting Competition winners and finalists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV