Go ahead, tell me that we'll take a hit from higher energy consumption from increased charging. The way Elon Musk rolls, in 25 years, we'll have Teslas in the garage and SolarCity (SCTY) panels on the roof.
Google buying Tesla and rolling out the most luxurious, fully-electric, fully-autonomous vehicle would transform the tech giant into one of the future's biggest players.
Everyone scoffed when Facebook (FB) bought Instagram for $1 billion. Now, we look at it as a steal, (especially after Facebook just bought WhatsApp for a whopping $19 billion).
Google should make Tesla tomorrow's bargain bin pick up, the way Facebook did with Instagram. Even if it doesn't feel like a bargain bin buy today.At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and FB, but held no positions in any of the other stocks mentioned. Follow @BretKenwell This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV