DELAFIELD, Wis. (Stockpickr) -- Another week is coming to an end on Wall Street, and once again we saw a monster short squeeze that put the bears on the run.
It wasn't Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) this week, although that stock continues to march higher and frustrate the bears. This time it was Tesla Motors (TSLA), which exploded higher on Thursday off a bullish earnings report squeezing the bears into new all-time-high territory.
Another name that blasted higher and thumped the bears this week was technology player Neonode (NEON), which I flagged in Feb. 14's "5 Hated Stocks That Could Get Squeezed Much Higher" at around $6.60 per share. I mentioned in that piece that shares of NEON sported a very high short interest of 26.7% with a relatively low float. This stock ripped higher on Thursday by over 13% to its intraday high of $7.61 a share as the bears scrambled to get out of the way. Shares of NEON might not be down squeezing the shorts here, so look for this stock to take out some past overhead resistance at $7.94 with high volume for another run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV