LISLE, Ill., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) announced today the consolidation of mid-range engine manufacturing, an important next step in its turnaround efforts. As a result, the company will move mid-range engine production at its Huntsville, Ala., plant to Melrose Park, Ill. Navistar will continue to build its 13-liter engine at its Huntsville, Ala., big bore engine plant.
"As we have stated previously, we have too much excess engine manufacturing capacity in North America and we must take action to reduce our costs and improve the business," said Jack Allen, Navistar chief operating officer. "The consolidation will further lower the company's breakeven point, strengthen our competitiveness in the marketplace and help position Navistar for a return to profitability."
Once completed later this summer, these actions are expected to eliminate approximately 280 jobs at Huntsville and reduce Navistar's operating costs by about $22 million annually."Ending production at a facility is a difficult decision because of its impact on the many great people who've been part of our company," Allen said. "We understand that these decisions have an impact on our employees and the community and we will treat our people with dignity and respect throughout this process." About NavistarNavistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International ® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce ® brand diesel engines, and IC Bus ™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com. SOURCE Navistar International Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV