After the bell, shares had added 4% to $21.93. The stock climbed 6% during the regular trading session.
The company, which provides business network infrastructure, posted net income of 18 cents a share, a penny over consensus according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
In the three months to December, total sales of $176.4 million came in 13.5% higher year over year and beat estimates by $8.8 million."Our revenue achievement marked another record quarter," said CEO Dominic Orr in a statement. "We saw strong sales execution across our 802.11ac and Instant solutions, and our ClearPass Access Management System had a standout quarter." TheStreet Ratings team rates ARUBA NETWORKS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ARUBA NETWORKS INC (ARUN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ARUN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV