Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN) today announced financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2013.
"Our record performance in the quarter was led by strength in Goods, as shoppers increasingly looked to Groupon to fill their holiday needs,” said Eric Lefkofsky, CEO of Groupon. “Our mobile business continued to gain momentum as our worldwide mobile transaction mix increased more than 10% in the quarter, to nearly 50% in December. With another 9 million downloads this quarter, we now have nearly 70 million app downloads to date.”
“We’re also excited to welcome Ticket Monster and ideeli to the Groupon family. The acquisitions bring scale, relationships, and category expertise, making Groupon an even better place to start when you want to do or buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere.”
Fourth Quarter 2013 SummaryGross billings, which reflect the total dollar value of customer purchases of goods and services, excluding applicable taxes and net of estimated refunds, increased 5% globally to $1.6 billion in the fourth quarter 2013, compared with $1.5 billion in the fourth quarter 2012. North America growth of 10% and EMEA growth of 6% was offset by an 11% decline in Rest of World. Revenue increased 20% to $768.4 million in the fourth quarter 2013, compared with $638.3 million in the fourth quarter 2012. North America revenue growth of 18% and EMEA growth of 43% was offset by a 15% decline in Rest of World. Gross profit increased 6%, to $378.2 million in the fourth quarter 2013, compared with $355.8 million in the fourth quarter 2012. Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP financial measure, was $72.0 million in the fourth quarter 2013, compared with $29.7 million in the fourth quarter 2012. Operating income was $13.4 million in the fourth quarter 2013, compared with an operating loss of $12.9 million in the fourth quarter 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV