NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- According to
(BA), airlines throughout Asia will be the buyers of about
36% of all commercial aircraft, or 12,820 airplanes, during the next 20 years. That represents $1.9 trillion in potential sales.
If that isn't an incentive to buy shares of Boeing, I don't know what is.
Boeing forecasts that for longer-distance routes, its twin-aisle airplanes such as the 747-8 Intercontinental, 777 and the 787 Dreamliner will account for 28% of new airplane deliveries. Boeing's recently launched 787-10 and 777X also will support the demand for fuel-efficient twin-aisle airplanes in this fast-growing area of the world.
No wonder the analysts who follow Boeing, on average, estimate revenue to grow by nearly 12% in the first quarter of 2014. Although they predict earnings per share will be down about 8.7% in the first quarter of the year, EPS will rebound in the second quarter and grow by more than 10%.
Next year the company's EPS is forecast to improve by nearly 12% as the benefits of orders in the Asian region kick in. Its long-term market outlook supports Boeing's optimism. This was underscored by the fact that Singapore Airlines already ordered 30 of the 787-10s at the 2013 Paris Air Show and Cathay Pacific recently ordered 21 of the 777-9X airplanes.
BA data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV