In celebration of the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival next month, Green Dot Corporation’s GoBank (NYSE:GDOT) is partnering with Austin-based non-profit shelter and adoption service, Austin Pets Alive!; PetRelocation.com, an international door-to-door pet transportation service; and BarkBox, the monthly subscription box for dogs to host an innovative #PuppyHour event March 8-9 (Saturday and Sunday during the Interactive portion of the SXSW festival). The big bonus: all dogs at the event will be available for adoption.
“As innovators in the banking industry we know two things to be true: the future of banking is all about mobile, and puppies are super cute,” said Sharon Pope, Head of Marketing at Green Dot Corporation (GoBank’s parent company). “As our official GoBank mascot is an adorable schnauzer named Professor Dog, we clearly have a special place in our hearts for the canine community. Partnering on this event gives us the chance to highlight the great work that Austin’s local resources have created for animals in need of adoption, as well as echo the innovative spirit that makes the South by Southwest Festival so special.”
Throughout the weekend, #PuppyHour attendees will have the opportunity to pal around with pups, enjoy light refreshments and share the adorable event with friends back at home with the Twitter-enabled photo booth. To align with GoBank’s unique “Pay What You Want” membership fee, the event comes full circle, as attendees will have the option to donate between $0 and $9 to support the adoption mission of Austin Pets Alive!.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with GoBank on such a fun and worthwhile event,” said Veronica Mabry from Austin Pets Alive!. “As the largest no-kill shelter in the country, we are dedicated to finding the best homes for every single puppy we house and are so grateful that GoBank will be helping us generate awareness in a unique and interactive way.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV