In trading on Thursday, shares of Seaspan Corporation's 7.95% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares (SSW.PRD) were yielding above the 8% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $1.9875), with shares changing hands as low as $24.77 on the day. This compares to an average yield of 6.95% in the "Shipping" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel. As of last close, SSW.PRD was trading at a 0.28% discount to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average discount of 1.03% in the "Shipping" category.
The chart below shows the one year performance of SSW.PRD shares, versus SSW:
Below is a dividend history chart for SSW.PRD, showing historical dividend payments on Seaspan Corporation's 7.95% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares :
In Thursday trading, Seaspan Corporation's 7.95% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares (SSW.PRD) is currently off about 0.4% on the day, while the common shares (SSW) are up about 0.7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV