Updated to correct ownership of listed properties in third paragraph.
By midafternoon, the stock had climbed 28.2% to $14.14. Trading volume of 2.2 million was more than four times its three-month daily average.
In the three months to December, the owner of social network Classmates recorded revenue of $62.6 million, higher than consensus of $59.2 million according to Thomson Reuters estimate averages.Profits came in under expectations, however. Net income of 32 cents a share fell short of analyst estimates by 15 cents a share. Management expects current-quarter sales between $52.5 million and $55 million, in-line with consensus of $53.99 million. Also See: Jersey Mike's Sees Opportunity for 10,000 Restaurants Also See: Facebook: WhatsApp Purchase a Sign of Weakness TheStreet Ratings team rates UNITED ONLINE INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate UNITED ONLINE INC (UNTD) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UNTD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV