UNION, N.J., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ: BBBY) announced today the election of Geraldine "Gerri" Elliott as an additional independent member of the Company's Board of Directors, expanding the Board to ten members.
Ms. Elliott, 57, is Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Customer Officer at Juniper Networks. In January 2014, Elliott announced her personal decision to transition to retirement later in the year. She will become EVP, Strategic Advisor to the CEO once her successor is announced. In her role as EVP and Chief Customer Officer, which she has held since 2013, she leads the Go-to-Market organization consisting of sales, system engineering, advanced technologies, marketing, services, support, partners and field operations. Her prior roles at Juniper were as EVP and Chief Sales Officer, and EVP of Strategic Alliances.
Ms. Elliott joined Juniper in 2009 after seven years at Microsoft Corporation, where she held a series of senior executive positions, including Corporate Vice President of the company's Industry Solutions Group, Worldwide Public Sector organization, and their North American Enterprise Sales region. Prior to joining Microsoft, Elliott spent 22 years at IBM Corporation, where she held executive and management positions in North America and Asia Pacific in sales, services, consulting, strategy development, and product management.
"We are thrilled to have Gerri join our Board," said Steven Temares, Bed Bath & Beyond's Chief Executive Officer and Member of its Board of Directors. "Gerri is a proven leader who will bring additional technology and international expertise to our Company."Ms. Elliott added: "I feel honored and privileged to have been elected as a Board member at Bed Bath & Beyond, and I look forward to working with our Board, our shareholders and our associates and contributing to the future growth of our Company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV