By early afternoon, shares had added 16.9% to $20.24. Trading volume of 2.3 million was more than five times its three-month daily average.
In the three months to December, the Amsterdam-based company recorded net income of 52 cents a share on revenue of $101.9 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 41 cents on sales of $95.22 million.
Full-year net income of $2.16 a share was 11 cents higher than consensus, while revenue of $407.1 million was $7 million over estimates.Also See: 3 Stocks Boosting The Computer Software & Services Industry Higher Also See: AVG Appoints Harvey Anderson As Chief Legal Officer TheStreet Ratings team rates AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV (AVG) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVG Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV